We recommend Quick Setup for a quick installation. Default without Demo Content option shall do the same thing with manual setup. But if you want to configure options manually, you can do this by following the steps below.
Where can I find demo content information for manual setup?
If you want to use demo content information manually for some reason, download the zip file from “All files & documentation” option at Themeforest, and extract it into demo_content folder. The description of the files in this folder is as follows.
- templatera.xml – Theme templates for Templatera.
- content.xml – It contains theme templates for Pages, Posts, Menus, Demo Items, Taxonomies & Templatera. It is the same with setup in Real Estate mode.
- options_panel_import.txt – It contains pre-recorded settings for Options Panel.
- mail_panel_import.txt – It contains pre-recorded settings for Mail System Config.
- theme_options_customfields.txt – It contains pre-recorded settings for Custom Fields Panel.
- theme_options_searchfields.txt – It contains pre-recorded settings for Search Fields Panel.
- theme_options_custompoints.txt – It contains pre-recorded settings for Custom Points Panel.
Manual Setup Process;
- Activate Point Finder from Appearance > Themes section in WordPress Admin Panel.
- You will be directed to Quick Setup page. Here, open Options Panel from PF Settings menu to the left before making any process and import previously saved settings in “options_panel_import.txt” file into this section by using Import & Export tool.
- In order to setup a homepage, add a new page from “Pages” section, name it as Home page, and choose “A static page below” from Front page displays in Settings > Readings section.
- If you want to import demo content, you can import “content.xml” file with WordPress Import Tool.
- You can edit your menus from Appearance > Menus section. Also you should determine “Main Menu” or “Footer Menu” from Theme Locations section.
- After these processes are completed, you should upload your logo, create your pages and configure your website. You can do all your editing processes with Point Finder Options Panel and other panels. Please take a look at the processes below after setup.
If you will use Frontend Upload system;
- In order to upload main configuration, import previously saved settings in “mail_panel_import.txt” file into this section from PF Settings > Mail System Config section by using Import & Export tool.
- Dasboard Page Setup: If this setting wasn’t configured or if installation wasn’t made with quick set up, please select this page from Options Panel > Frontend Upload System section after creating an empty page.
- You should configure Options Panel > Frontend Upload System section and all its components (Paypal Setup, Social Login etc…) accordingly.
- You should edit Email Settings section located in Mail System Config according to your own server.
- You should edit e-mails which are sent to user and yourself from Mail System Config section.
- If you are going to use Google reCaptcha, you must carry out any required configuration from reCaptcha Config section.
Processes After Setup – IMPORTANT
- You should configure your Permalink settings as Post name from Settings > Permalinks section.
- You should edit Custom Detail Fields and Search Fields which is found under PF Settings > Options Panel > System Setup to your own preference. Also you can find a video Tutorial in here
- If you are going to use a review system, you should do necessary configuration from “Review System Config” section.
- You should edit Taxonomy, posts, page, categories sections to your own preference by using Options Panel > System Settings > Post Type Settings
- You should configure your Point Styles by using this tutorial. Custom Point Style configuration is important!
- If you are going to use Frontend Upload System please check Options Panel > Frontend Upload Form section for configuration.
- You can find all Listing Type Settings under listing type edit page.
- Lastly, you should review our help documentation topics 🙂